Guest Experience Lead - Westport APPLY NOW
Bridgewater Chocolate, in operation in Litchfield and northern Fairfield County since 1995, is expanding the brand footprint. Our newest store location is opening at 165 Main Street in downtown Westport, Connecticut, this Fall.
We are currently seeking the right individual to support the Retail Store Manager by assisting with daily operations and delivering an exceptional guest experience at our newest store. People who have a positive outlook and enjoy interacting with customers are encouraged to apply.
- Supporting a respectful, inclusive and fun environment for customers while adhering to brand standards.
- Assisting the Retail Store Manager with daily tasks and being available to fill in shifts as needed
- Responsible for supporting the monthly inventory process under the Manager’s direction
- Assist with training part-time staff member and acting as lead when the Manager is not available
- Support marketing activities by communicating promotions, local events and other items scheduled for local community and store support
- Upholding of all policies and procedures regarding record-keeping, cash-handling, inventory management, and food safety.
- Support the consistent execution of product and brand initiatives.
- Provide exceptional hospitality including friendliness, cleanliness, speed of service and quality.
- Balancing executing in-store sales as well as phone orders and customer service.
- Working under the direction of the Retail Store Manager, act as lead for other team members
- 2+ years retail experience; preferably foodservice industries or other luxury goods.
- Working knowledge of POS, ideally Shopify POS.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in short order – calm under pressure.
- Professional and effective communicator, both written and verbally.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Open to feedback and constantly striving to improve.
- Stand and walk—must be able to stand for shifts and move about the store
- Talk/hear – frequently communicates with customers
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed at the store location in Westport, CT
- The work environment can be busy during key holiday times of the year
- The ability to support occasional evening events
- Interface with the public in a polite and courteous fashion
- This is a full-time position with a minimum of 30 hours per week. Flexibility with schedule is ideal; weekend availability is a must.
- Eligible for Medical benefits and 401k plan participation one month after hire date as well as employee discount to our delicious products.
About Bridgewater Chocolate:
Bridgewater Chocolate values European traditions of chocolate-making to produce ultra-premium, American-style, luxurious chocolate confections. While we are fanatics about learning from and enjoying year-to-year trends in the chocolate industry, we are fiercely loyal to products and processes that will stand the test of time. We are on a path to become the most well-known "box of chocolates" in the Northeast, and we need more people on our team to get us there! Bridgewater Chocolate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.