Retail Store Manager - Westport APPLY NOW
Bridgewater Chocolate, in operation in Litchfield and northern Fairfield County since 1995, is expanding the brand footprint. Our newest store location is opening at 165 Main Street in downtown Westport, Connecticut, this Fall.
We are currently seeking the right individual to lead daily operations and drive the consumer experience at the retail store in Westport. In addition, this role will support marketing activities and act as the community liaison for Bridgewater Chocolate in lower Fairfield County and the town of Westport.
- Fostering a respectful, inclusive and fun environment for customers and employees alike and adhering to brand standards.
- Setting clear objectives and holding team accountable to high-performance expectations by regularly providing feedback and coaching.
- Scheduling and training of part-time employees.
- Upholding of all policies and procedures regarding record-keeping, cash-handling, inventory management, and food safety.
- Leading the consistent execution of product and brand initiatives.
- Setting the conditions for exceptional hospitality including friendliness, cleanliness, speed of service and quality.
- Balancing executing in-store sales as well as phone orders and customer service.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the industry trade area in the Westport market by building relationships, partnering with local organizations, and actively engaging with the community through participating/hosting events and activities under the guidance of the company’s Brand Director.
- Manage all professional development aspects of store employees
- 2+ years retail experience; preferably foodservice industries or other luxury goods.
- Event and / or marketing experience is helpful.
- Working knowledge of POS, ideally Shopify POS.
- Ability to confidently and diplomatically present constructive feedback to staff.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in short order – calm under pressure.
- Professional and effective communicator both written and verbally.
- Excellent time management and general organizational skills.
- Open to feedback and constantly striving to improve.
- Stand and walk—must be able to stand for shifts and move about the store
- Talk/hear – frequently communicates with customers
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed at the store location in Westport, CT
- The work environment can be busy during key holiday times of the year
- The ability to support occasional evening events
- Primary work schedule Thursday – Monday, or the option to work with Thursday – Saturday, Monday – Tuesday with Sundays and Wednesdays off.
- Interface with the public in a polite and courteous fashion
- Eligible for Medical benefits and 401k plan participation one month after hire date as well as employee discount to our delicious products.
About Bridgewater Chocolate:
Bridgewater Chocolate values European traditions of chocolate-making to produce ultra-premium, American-style, luxurious chocolate confections. While we are fanatics about learning from and enjoying year-to-year trends in the chocolate industry, we are fiercely loyal to products and processes that will stand the test of time. We are on a path to become the most well-known "box of chocolates" in the Northeast, and we need more people on our team to get us there!||||||||||||6.dc5EH6YLvrCrvL|||OTHER|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false